It's important to keep your car's transmission in proper working condition whether it’s a manual or an automatic. We can perform Transmission Service on your car right here in Batemans Bay – Call us today for a quote!
There are two main differences between an automatic and a manual transmission:
- Automatic Transmissions vehicles do not have a clutch pedal.
- The gear stick is also missing in an Automatic Transmission car ; once the transmission is put into drive, from there on its all automatic.
An automatic transmission uses the same set of gears to produce different gear ratios, whereas a manual transmission locks and unlocks various sets of gears to the output shaft in order to achieve the various gear ratios.
Manual transmissions need servicing but it is a less complicated task which involves replacing the fluids and/or making minor adjustments.
Automatic transmissions involve a range of parts such as a planetary gear set, a set of locking bands, a hydraulic system, clutches, and a large pump to move transmission fluid around and so regular servicing of Automatic transmissions is vital to ensure maximum performance, economy and service life.
Symptons that there are problems with your automatic transmission include:
- Fluids Leaking.
- 'Check Engine' light.
- Clunky transitions between gears.
- Difficulty getting 'into' gear.
- A whining, humming or even a slight buzzing sound.
If you are experiencing any of these issues in your vehicle please call us at Orient Street Motors in Batemans Bay Today!
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm